Written By Pallavi
Updated on January 15th, 2021
MS Access is a remarkable database management system from Microsoft, which many users use for importing data in other database & applications like MS SQL, Oracle, Outlook, HTML, XML etc. Although, it is embedded with a variety of features and also used for developing software, the ACCDB file present in Access Database, if somehow gets corrupted, due to which users sometimes encounter the error message “Access Cannot Open Database”. So, let’s discuss the reason behind this error so that it can be avoided and solved on an immediate basis.
An interruption in Access Database occurs due to issue in ACCDB files. There are some of the factors because of which problem arises and due to which Microsoft Access cannot open database.
Some of them are as follows:
· Incompatibility between software and hardware.
· Due to storage of large volume data.
· By mistake, user restored the database from invalid backup.
· Or, unsupported version of the file, which is created in 2016, 2013 & other below versions.
There is an option of solving this error, you have to just send data from MDB version to the latest one ACCDB. By, doing this you will be able to view the included content.
Note: This method is applicable only in MS access 2007 & later versions
Now, follow these steps:
· Start MS Access, then click on a file.
· Now, click on OK, by doing this you will see a dialogue box.
· Select MDB files which you want to export to the ACCDB file.
· Click on File tab & then click on Save & Publish option.
· Now, click on Access Database, present below Database file types.
· Then, click on Save As.
· Assign a name to the converted file & then click on Save.
Now, a copy of the database is created, which can be opened by application & automatically MS Access will close the original database file. And, the most important thing, make sure during the whole recovery process all the programs are closed.
Another way to fix this error is by recovering the data from a recent backup file. It will help you to access back to the database files. This way works even with lost and corrupt data.
No, need to worry if above-mentioned ways do not work for you as many times some issues cannot be solved easily. So, to fix it what you can do is opt for an Access Database Recovery tool which will help you to repair ACCDB & MDB files and restore other files like BLOB, MEMO, and OLE. You can try its demo version in order to evaluate its performance.
Salient Features of Tool:
· Efficiently restore BLOB, OLE and MEMO data.
· Provides two recovery mode: Standard and Advanced.
· Quickly fixes alignment issue & data corruption.
· Preview fixed data before saving.
For the smooth functioning of Access Database, it is better to have a reliable tool to fix an error message “Access Cannot Open Database”. And, also it will help you to fix severe cases of corruption as well as restoring other files quickly.
About The Author:
Pallavi is a content writer in the field of data recovery and email migration. She has a passion for creating engaging and thought-provoking content. With several years of experience in the field, she has developed a deep understanding of various writing styles and formats,
© Copyrights 2017-2023 Database File Recovery. All Rights Reserved.